How the Relay Works
- A team captain purchases (a.k.a. registers) a team (it’s okay if the team captain does not yet know who’s going to be on the team – team members can join later).
- The team captain sends invitation link (provided after registration) to prospective team members. Things to consider:
- There can be 3 or 4 people on one team
- There are 4 legs. If a team has 3 people, one member will need to do 2 CONSECUTIVE legs.
- There is no need to tell us who is running each leg.
- Medals will be given to finishers once they reach their exchange points (or the final finish line).
|REGISTRATION STARTING||REGISTRATION ENDING||PRICE|
|January 18, 2019, 12:00am EST||June 30, 2019, 11:59pm EDT||$185.00 Race Fee + $12.10 SignUp Fee|
|July 1, 2019, 12:00am EDT||August 31, 2019, 11:59pm EDT||$195.00 Race Fee + $12.70 SignUp Fee|
|September 1, 2019, 12:00am EDT||October 5, 2019, 7:00pm EDT||$205.00 Race Fee + $13.30 SignUp Fee|
- Relay runners must be at least 12 years old on race day.
- For runners under the age of 18, we recommend the following considerations:
- An adult companion to assist with any transit on the relay shuttle system,
- An adult companion to assist with transit to and from the race start and finish areas (if they are running the first or last leg in the relay), and
- Allow the child to carry a cell phone on the course to utilize the RaceJoy runner tracking app to monitor the progress and location of the child while on the course.
Relay Registration Requirements
- The team captain will automatically be charged the relay team fee on the credit card supplied during registration (see costs below).
- A registration is not complete if an invalid credit card is used.
- Team captains will receive an email with a link to your team page.
- On your team page, you can change your team name, division, and add or invite your teammates.
Relay Registration Tutorials
- How to Register a Relay Team
- How to Join a Relay Team that has Already Registered
- How to Manage your Relay Team
What You Get
- Long-sleeved shirt (size not guaranteed)
- Custom race bib with timing chip
- All finishers will receive a custom Hoop City Relay finishers medal
We are in the final stages of course approval with the City of Springfield. Please check back soon!
Final map will show all relay exchange points.